A Ugandan national has been slapped with a 5-year jail term for raising a false terror attack alarm to Interpol General Secretariat in France to punish his wife.

The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) said that Moses Kabali authored an email to Interpol on June 30, 2024, urging them to alert Kenya security agencies of an imminent terrorist attack by a known terrorist group.

Kabali is said to have further noted that he knew two individuals who worked with the terror group planning to conduct the alleged attack and submitted a woman's phone number, identifying her as one of the suspects.

"Upon questioning, she disclosed that the said phone number had been registered using her ID card but was being used by her cousin," said DCI. 

Detectives then hunted down the said cousin who was apprehended in Eastleigh on August 31, 2024, but they were found to have no links to terrorist groups after interrogation.