Jamaican Reggae singer and superstar Glen Washington will be performing at the Africa Bound- Reggae Summerfest and peace concert at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC), as part of the Mashujaa Day Celebrations.

Glen has been in Kenya for the past two weeks and during the press conference that was held yesterday the 15th of October, he expressed his joy and love towards the people of Kenya.

“The first time I came to Kenya, I fell in love with this place, the people and the way I was treated. I’ve always yearned to come to Kenya. It’s not just about music it’s about vibe…its good vibe. To hear people singing my songs, I don’t even know how to explain it’s just there I appreciate,” he told the press.

Jackie Whyte, Glen's wife who is also his manager and backup singer shared her experience for the time she’s been here in Kenya.

She said that this is the second time she been here. She had been to Kenya in 2017 and sharing her experience here she tells how she adores the people

“The love from the people, my brothers and sisters you are so loving. The food, atmosphere everything," She said.

Jackie also shared that she would love to perform in Kenya and share the love with the people and more so her fans because Kenyans are the most loving people she has been around.

Glen isn't the only Jamaican musician who loves Kenya like a second home. Notable dancehall singer Konshens is also one who has a great relationship with Kenyans so much so that we gave him a Luo name.

Many Kenyans are also fans of the Jamaican and even follow him on his social media pages.

The singer's great love for Kenya is also evident and he has confirmed it with his several tours and has been a frequent visitor to Kenya and his last visit was in December 2023.